Friday 7 October 2016

All about face Cleanser

I remember few years ago when I went to my friend’s usual facial salon for first trial, the beautician told me that all most of the people has combination skin. Dry on the outside and super freaking oily in the inside. In some cases, dry at certain area and oily at certain areas at the same time. Usually people will make a mistake by thinking they are having dry skin or sudden oily skin. How does it work? When you have a dry skin, your skin will generously produce a large amount of natural oil to protect itself from further drying. LOGIC!

If you're still unsure what kind of skin you're having, here's a picture to show you :


But this is what I’m still having now. Years ago it was even worst. I was having the perfect skin till I hit 16 of my age. Man it was terrible. Acne was non-stop toying with my face. That time I was using Clean and Clear, but only for their face wash and pimple gel. Their face wash generated enough but not overload foam, however, it works like a suction to all my oil and sebum. It was able to control the oil level. Good deal for a teenage face cleanser. The part where it gets expensive is when you’re using their pimple gel. Honestly, I’ve used more than five tubes because it really works based on its label. My mum always stocked them up for me before its gone especially the pimple gel. 7.5/10 for Clean and Clear. However, they have improve their formula from then, hence the old packaging are no longer in the market. This is how it looks like on their improved products.



Slowly, I became immune to that brand and I changed to SebaMed. A bit slightly more expensive than Clean and Clear. However, I used two of their cleansers – foam wash and soap. I like their foam wash the most cause it doesn’t dry my skin that much, where else for the soap, it dries, so I only use it during the end of the day. Toner was good, basic. Apparently I didn’t use any moisturizer, cause that time, my head was thinking moisturizer will only make my face oiler! Oh ya, their pimple cream was the best during my teenage cause it's able to cover my redness, that time it's like a teenage concealer for me. hahahaha. 8/10 for SebaMed. A widely regconised brand which doesn't go wrong. Also an improved formula. Can't even find the old packaging pictures anymore.


I got influenced by my ex later on for using The Body Shop. You’d be thinking I used the tea tree series right? Half true, cause I was using two series but the tea tree was after I use their aloe vera series. GOD that series was super delicate. I used a full range though, from face wash to toner (ONLY!! Again!). The aloe vera was able to calm my skin from further irritation. 6/10 for aloe vera series. 



After my skin was not so red, I slowly changed to tea tree. I’ve got to say, they own the best tea tree series compared to oxy which my sister was using. The only bottle which I’m still using right now is the essential oil. It works better than Clean and Clear pimple gel, but if you have a budget to cover, Clean and Clear is good enough. Really. 9/10 for tea tree series.



For oxy, I give a 6/10 due to my heavy acne prone skin. But if you're having a light acne, you can give this a try. 



But one thing I need to remind you guys, product that suits me might not better suit you or the other way round. Hence, you cannot avoid from trying and testing until you find the right one.

I’m not sure whether is my hormone or all the facial products are unable to put an end to my acnes, so my mum decided to bring me to her salon. The facial products that she was carrying during that period was Sothy’s. Expensive brand. 



This is the toner I used if you want to know.


First time ever a person nailed me with a pimple extractor. The feeling was bearable but awful. Bloody hell.




Sothy’s was not a good selection for the salon’s customers apparently, first is the weather in Kota Bharu while second is its content’s richness. Hence, Sothy’s was stopped and Meso was introduce in her salon. Meso better suits my skin compared to all the products I’ve tried. The beautician mentioned that Meso is a brand targeting Asian’s skin although it comes from France. Meso was not widely known in Malaysia compared to all the brands that I’ve mentioned, hence I have to restock while I’m back in KB for holidays. These are all the cleansers I used. I use their full range excluding toner. 9.5/10 for their products.





Good thing never last which I’ve noticed, the beautician stopped her business as she was having a ‘slipped disk’ like my mum.

Then there's the Shu uemura. Great cleanser with makeup remover. You might freaked out on their price but trust me, if you buy a small bottle of salon brand cleanser, adding up will be the same price. So why not you get both cleanser and remover together instead of buying them separately right?


My personal favourite for more than a year...


I do get stubborn skin sometimes, irritating reddening skin when flower pores and dust hit me... so I'll use A/I.. 


Run around the world with this bottle, no hesitation taken. 9.8/10 for shu shu cleansing oil.

Sometimes you might think cleansing oil might be a little bit to heavy in the morning right, so do I. My solution is milk cleanser. Good products but very rich in content, if your skin are acne prone, you might not want to choose this brand cause it might trigger your acnes to develop. Its either you choose wisely on which series you use or substitute with another brand 8.5/10 for Sothy’s.



For those with sensitive skin, you have to stick to one product for a long term only will you see the results. Best is using cleansers that doesn't produce foam and toner or moisturizer that doesn't sting.


My recommendation, Cetaphil. You may think that Cetaphil is known for body wash, you're super wrong! I use it for body, for face if I'm lazy to take my face wash from the sink (I hate keeping face wash in the shower cause when I'm not bathing, I had to purposely walk into the wet room to get it), and also intimate area!!!! Please stop using intimate wash cause it's not good! I know cause I had infection due to it and it cost me RM500 for my consultation and medication service in the SS15 OBGyn! Oh ya, one thing, Cetaphil has no foam. For first time users, you might not get use to it. Same goes for their price. If you're lucky, you might able to get offer price for RM180+ for 2 litres. Check it out at Caring! I've done my research, their's the chepeast. Then followed by Guardian, then Watsons. I'm not sure AA Pharmacy though, you can give that outlet a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment