Thursday 23 January 2014

In an Arranged-Marriage? Get me out of here!

Have you ever thought of arranged-marriage (AM)? What about forced-marriage (FM)? When I was young, I really did thought about it (was just no big deal). Well honestly, it’s not a big deal. But if you managed to meet a person which you happened to think that he or she is your other half that you’re planning to spend your life with, the deal became really (and I meant REALLY) BIG!

It’s really hard for us to predict that in this current century, some parents may still be practicing the same thing, especially families who have both power and status in the society. During the time where people are living in the dynasty (for Chinese), Princes and Princesses are almost bound to marry only those who belongs to the royal family. Not only had this happened to the royal families, it also happened to those who have status as I've mentioned earlier. In Chinese, it simply means 竹门对竹门,木门对木门. I doubt that the English practices the same thing as well. There was a movie that really gave me a shock where both of them simply agreed to the marriage in order to fulfill the promise of two families, where after the marriage, both of them took over the company with its properties and shares and live separately. Basically they are fake husband and wife even though they are publicly named Mr and Mrs. One thing for sure, certificate of marriage is nothing but a piece of paper that holds the benefits of properties. And do you know that in some countries, children are count as property as well? This is just absurd.

Seriously, I do pity those who haven even officially met each other and out of a sudden, they are going to get married next month (or even two weeks)! Well, if both of them agreed then its fine. But if it turns out to be the other way round where at least one of them doesn't agree, you will start to see drama. Mostly in this situation, you will see run-aways and suicides. Right? I bet you see a lot of these in movies. I do wonder if both grown adults rejected their AM, will the parents even bother to cancel it. Well, it’s a debating situation.


What made me came up to this topic was the dream I had last night. It’s like suddenly out of nowhere, I was told I have to marry this person. When I turn up my head, he was the last person that I swear I’m gonna see if the world had come to an end – my X. This is just madly ridiculous I tell you!! At that moment, I finally get to know what does an AM feels like – SUCKS! And when there’s AM, there’s FM. Well, I know you will be wondering why it will turned out to be like that. I don’t like him or he don’t like me or both of us don’t like each other, this will lead to such outcome. Basically, I will say that I DON’T like him! And yet the marriage still goes on, this will contribute to FM. My heart was so lost till I just want to grab the phone to call the boyfriend out to save me from this mad disaster. 

Do tell me, if you were to be in an AM, what is your current feeling? Did you just happened to know this matter or you have been just told of AM this morning? 

No comments:

Post a Comment