Thursday 23 January 2014

Most Powerful Woman and I'm deadly wanna be her!

Back in the days while I was pursuing my degree, I was assigned to write about a person that posses the most criteria to be leader. The first and only person that comes into my mind was Barack Obama. He has never failed me in anyways in being a great leader. To me, he's the Top. But thinking to it, I knew that a lot of people will be writing about him since he's so famous and everyone knows him. Hence I tried to Google around the net searching for some great leaders since I have a very low knowledge about these especially they are all in politics. Tell you what, when I grew up, I will definitely withdraw from being a politician cause its super-the-complicated and it's like almost everyday debating and arguing. Well, might as well just let those who posses more political-like people to run the system. Right? This way I can save my energy for more fun! haha. That's me alright! Okay, back to the topic. Because I dislike politics, that's why I somehow got a little bit lost when I started to write about Opera, or maybe I was listening to too much of Whitney Houston and Celine Dion's songs. Gonna have to snap right out of that! Then I came around to this lady Angela and God I tell you she won my heart way more compared to Obama. Having said that Obama is the best, I would say that this woman is a bomb! She was the FIRST WOMAN who sits in the chair! How awesome can that be? I think the title of Iron Lady serves her well. Don't you think?

By the way, have you ever heard of the nick name “Iron Lady”? If you happened to heard of her, then you should know that she’s the first World Most Powerful Woman and also the second Most Powerful People as the first still remains the current president of United States of America. If you somehow don't have a clue of her, let me slowly brief you through.

Angela Dorothea Merkel is the daughter of a Lutheran pastor who was born in Hamburg on 1954 and had pursued her Master in Science at University of Leipzig earning a doctorate in 1978 (talking about being a true Chemist!).  In 2005, she served as the first female chancellor in her own country.  This made her the dominant figure in the world of politics and serves as the pillar of European Union.

Merkel was said to be born for politics as she possess great analytical skill from her academic studies. Because she was a bright child who won a medal in arithmetic during the “math Olympics”, she became a physical chemist researcher later. 

Her career path didn’t start off easily which you may think all of these are lay ready for her, she got rejected at a year later after graduating when she applied for a job in a press office due sickness. However, that did stop her from being an influential figure, she entered the politician world when she was appointed as spokesperson’s deputy. Subsequently, Merkel was voted to the German parliament after the unification of East and West Germany where she got appointed as the Minister of Women and Youth under Kohl’s cabinet.Later, she was referred as the Minister for the Environment and Reactor Safety. Merkel’s foundation was fully built after being given such post by Kohl.

After the fall of Kohl’s government in 1998, she became the General Secretary of Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and took hold of it as its chairperson after four years. It was a strong turn for CDU during that time because it has never had a female-leader from Northern Germany. However, regardless of her reputation, yet she lost during the Bavarian Christian Social Union (CSU) general election in 2002. In 2005, Merkel got nominated and won counts as she managed to capture the citizen’s heart.

Although she had won the citizen’s heart, yet people in the East Germany took her as a traitor. Even though money has been pumped into the East since the reunification of both East and West, unemployment rate still remained at a high level while salaries and pensions remained at low while attaining her entrepreneurship. Appropriately, statistics have shown unemployment rate had indeed reduced when she made the chancellor. An influential commentator said this may keep her away from the people due to her pragmatism making her heartless to their hitches.

In spite of nobody likes her or adore her, I seriously agreed with Professor Wolfgang Stock (her biographer) that she do gain a well-respect from people. However, it is quite irony when she was said to be in a scandal involving her personal life regarding to her appearance two years ago.

Amusingly, she holds herself back when it comes to interviews. Till this day, she still keeps her private life private. It was mentioned that she was influenced mostly by one of her parent. Maybe she just dislike to reveal herself because she hardly have a childhood life as she has been working so hard to achieve her current status. However, her enigma lies on her oral skills. She appeared to be slightly weaker in public speaking. Though she’s a bit boring in public, but in private, she does have a sense of humour when it comes to chatting to people she are much more familiar with.

One thing about Merkel I’m very fascinating of is her way of solving problem. She tends to utilize her weakness as her selling point. Every time when she meets an issue, she will think thoroughly before taking any further step. She will break down the problem into small parts and form solution with its detailed consequences. By holding on to “step by step”, and “there is no alternative” as her catchphrase, she fixed the financial crisis where the eurozone’s debt was not doing well at that time. It was a great challenge for Merkel but despite of the difficulty, she is going to solve the issue by using one of her famous phrase-step by step.

But what truly makes Merkel a successful leader is she had been through a lot of rough times, yet she remained calm and ‘undamaged’. She is still able to play the role as a normal person by stocking up food and doing what a normal person will do. Sometimes you can see her serving drinks to her visitors which it is quite an unbelievable scene to be seen for a world most powerful woman. Other than that, being confident is another point which made her a top leader. At a point where her colleagues starts to disapprove her stating that she wasn’t experienced enough compared to them in a particular matter, instead of keeping things to herself, she told them that she knew better than anyone. Usually a person doesn’t take the trouble to explain because they just need to know what they’re doing and they only need to report to themselves. Another factor which made her number one in Europe is working out to be the best. This is why she is always ahead of people.


To me, Angela Merkel makes a brilliant leader. But when I came across this (Merkel) politician, I’ve started to slowly admire her; not only by her personality but also with her contribution to her people. As a female-dominant in the politician world, she’s truly a perfect idol for me. I have never seen a female with such achievement in life and possess such influential power. Well, I think is time for me to work my way there. Coming in thinking to it, the par is a little bit to high for me right? I wonder how would my friends react if i were to be just like her in the future cause I'm just way too playful for everything! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment