Saturday 8 February 2014

All About Eyeliners!

I’m back! Back as in back to Kuala Lumpur and God I’m missing everything in my hometown already, especially the two fella (mum and dad). You know what did my dad said on the day when me and my sis were leaving? “唉,又剩低我地两个”。 Honestly, I do hope that my parents could come down to stay with me and my sis. That would certainly be perfect BEYOND Perfect! Right?

While I’m dealing with my fever and waiting for someone to reach Malaysia, I’m going to do a quick review on eyeliners. Seriously, I’ve done loads and loads of research for the sake of this thing. I've tried asking for help and no matter how I asked from the other girls, none of them will teach me the trick. It’s not like I’m asking for the number of your vault right?? What a bitch. No wonder they have so many haters. Yet they still think they’re goddess or princess of their boyfriend. Let me see one of these girls in public and I might just beat her up without thinking twice (if I were to be drunk and have a full bunch of lawyers to back me up. haha).

Speaking of rude, me and my sis had an agreement not to mention any rude words especially at home. Man she just can’t stop yelling a rude word in front of everything that doesn’t go smooth. Yes I admit she’s awfully rude and need to be taught, but that doesn’t mean she’s bad. Instead of saying ‘c*pek’ or ‘c*bai’, I’m changing it to ‘ciku’. In Malaysia, ciku is a kind of fruit. Well, hopefully she will change.

Let me share with you what kind of product I’ve been through first. 


This was one of my all time favourites liquid eyeliner. I used it only when I hit to the club because it creates the most pigmented cat eye


Secondly is the cyber colors from SaSa


This is a smudge-able eyeliner cause it was meant to work for that


Next is by Mabelline New York Eye Studio


You can find this in any drugstore or hypermarket which promotes this brand. When you open the packaging, you will get a get pot with a square base with a complimentary brush. If you happened to get the older generation, the gel pot comes with a round base instead of square. One thing I like about this current gel liner is it could last up to 36 hours whereas the old generation only last up to 24 hours. This eyeliner keeps you so gorgeous from 9am work till 3am! It means your eyeliner will be staying right where it is supposed to be for lunch, high tea, dinner, supper and party!!  IF you maintain your eyeliner well. 



This is how the older generation gel pot looks like


Lastly is my fav GLIDE ON pencil! Also from Maybelline Eye Studio. And when I said glide on, I really meant gliding on exactly like a crayon! You won't even need to put extra pressure while drawing the line!


The specialty of this pencil is that is has a high pigment (almost the same to Maybelline gel liner) and it's only sold in a drugstore named Guardian! For Malaysians, if you're interested in this eyeliner, you can only grab it over there! If you check Malaysia's Maybelline website, you won't find it in there. However, you will find it in the Maybelline's international website with full description of it. One thing which I seriously don't like about it is when I twisted the pencil, the lead doesn't came out. But this only happens sometimes. You need to hold down to twist, NOT holding up. Word of advice, don't use your 'itchy' hand to twist an amount of lead which you don't need cause you CANNOT TWIST IT BACK!!! Don't say I didn't warn ya~

Time for swaps...From left to right
1. MAC Liquid Eyeliner
2. Cyber Colors Auto Eye Definer Pen
3. Maybelline Eye Studio 36hours Lasting Drama Gel Liner
4. Maybelline Eye Studio 24hours Master Drama

And by the way, all my eyeliners comes in black


You can see the liquid eyeliner has the most highest pigmented color and nonetheless-- Precise

The one that puts me down the most is by Cyber Colors... Well, it is still a smudge-able eyeliner right? What do you expect...



And this is how it looks like when I wipe the eyeliners using my finger



After I put my hand under running water (TAP WATER! NOT LUKEWARM WATER!)... See how my MAC goes? Unbelievable. Yet the promoter who sold me this told me that it was waterproof. Pathetic! Even Cyber Colors still holds on. 


I went to test it with my Bifesta makeup remover and this is what I get after a few wipes using the cotton


Guess what?? The only eyeliner that last is the Maybelline Gel Liner (well, maybe half of the line)! How freaking awesome is that???

The only complaint about the gel liner is that i don't quite like its eyeliner brush that came together with the gel pot. At first when I touch the bristles, it was madly soft and doesn't splits. But when apply the gel liner using it, the bristles started to split into two or three parts that gave a super non-precise line! I wasn't expecting for a line that a liquid liner can give, but at least you should make it balance right? And I wasn't talking about the thickness of the line too. 

For that reason, I use the angle brush by The Face Shop


This has been my fav angle brush and it wins way more than my MAC angle brush!



The top left eyeliner was drawn using the angle brush. The below right was done by the give gel pot brush. Yes, I admit that the gel pot brush gives a clean line, BUT that was right after how many mistake the brush gave me and I had to draw thicker line just to cover up the mistakeSSSSS. If it were to be just one mistake, I can clean it up using the remover, but the thing is= it was never ONCE!!! Argh!!!!!

Well, in my opinion, I feel that Maybelline Eye Studio gives great products. Especially those I'm using right now. They're so pigmented and intense till you can't even resist not to bring them home! However, if you're on budget or doesn't want a very high pigment eyeliner, I can suggest you to get the Maybelline Masterliner. 


This particular eyeliner however doesn't belong to the Eye Studio range and cannot be found under Maybelline's international website for description. Perhaps it's only available in Malaysia. And to those who are living outside Malaysia, do you know how envy I am that your countries has those products (by Maybelline) which my country doesn't have? The only way I can get my hands on them is by purchasing online! OMG. By the way, I've testes the masterliner, it really doesn't smudge and it's waterproof! I've tried rubbing it off on my hand and guess what? The liner is still there even my hand is already red after a serious rub.

Okay, the last tip of the day.


Don't put me on the wrong foot but seriously, our eyelids (especially woman) happened to be the most weakest skin on our body. No matter how good your products are, having makeup on your face is not good even it is organic. Otherwise, why don't you sleep with your makeup on right? And each time you wipe your eyes with makeup remover, you will somewhat pull your eyelids. unless you're awesome enough to remove your makeup by patting instead of wiping. 

Instead of getting the normal primer, I used the anti-aging primer by Urban Decay Primer Potion (UD PP). 

Anyway, my only problem while handling with eyeliner is SMUDGE. No matter how good the product is, it smudges right after I apply it! Before I could open the gate and get into the car, I can see smudges or crease line on my eye bag! It made it looks like I didn’t sleep for the past few nights or to be short—I’m the new raccoon! It never stays put for more than half an hour! It was so hectic that I have to check my eyeliner from time to time (almost half hour by half hour) for any smudges. For that reason, I always keep my miniature makeup remover and swaps in my bag at all times and cleaning my under eyes twice. AT LEAST! If my eyeliner gets under my eyes or creating unnecessary crease, I cannot just wipe them off using facial tissue cause they are all smudge-proof and water-proof! This is how miserable I am when I use the eyeliners. Easy to create problems and half to get the problems off! 

After using the UD PP, it was a truly miracle I tell you. And thanks to the promoter in Sephora, I don't have any raccoon eyes anymore. For the first time, my eyeliner stays!!!!!!! YEAH!  GOD how much this PP brings luck to me! I highly suggest you to get the primer potion from UD instead of changing any eyeliner and see how it goes first. If you think that the anti-aging primer is slightly expensive, you could get the normal one instead the one I'm having right now. This would do just fine.









No comments:

Post a Comment