Saturday 22 February 2014

Bifesta VS Biore

Let me guide you what I'm using right now and then intro something new for you. Currently I'm using MEso Cleanser 19 as my makeup remover. This brand is only available in ambassador salons and it's not available on-shelve. If I'm not mistaken, only two salons in KL uses this brand. 


This MEso 19 is in 150ml


However, one thing I don't like about it is because it tends to irritate my eyes if I wet the cotton to much. Overall their other cleansers are good. I'll try to do a review on this brand when I have the time. For you information, I've used this brand for more than three years! 

Because this makeup remover requires proper removing and cleansing after that, it makes me feel lazy to use it when I'm super tired. So I decided to go back to Express Cleansing Lotion by Bifesta. 



This is actually the third bottle I'm using. After finishing the second bottle, Watsons was out of stock when I tried to the third one. That's why I went for MEso when I'm waiting for the stock to arrive.

Since I'm having two types of makeup remover, I tend to use both of them alternately. If I didn't use any makeup for the day, I will use MEso to clean my face at night before I start cleansing. Otherwise, I will use Bifesta and straightaway went to bed. If you haven heard of Bifesta Express Cleansing Lotion before, let me tell you this: You don't need normal cleansing after removing your makeup! Skip that step and jump to toning and moisturising! 


Two months ago, there was this advert which caught my attention. Biore was giving makeup remover samples and because it is FREE, I sign up for one. When I got back from holidays, the package was already there on my table.

It was a 20ml Biore Mild Cleansing Liquid. At first, I thought it was the Biore Cleansing Oil sample because it feels like deep cleansing oil for me. To be honest, when I saw it on my table, I didn't bothered to even explore it. Maybe I was not amazed by their packaging. I threw it inside my bag immediately after I took a glance of the front description. 


All I could see from the leaflet was "just massage and rinse off, removes waterproof makeup", that means no cotton needed! Save cotton. Thumbs up for that! 

No lie that it feels like oil when I'm massaging the cleansing liquid on my face. So in order to make myself feel better, I tried to assumed that it was essential oil. LOL. But it was indeed gentle and moisturising, super delicate.


When I went home to read more of this product, I found out that it was a water-based remover! Maybe it was the Beauty Moisture Essence which made it feel oily. But after rinsing it off, I feel no oily but after-mask feel. 


This is how the packaging looks like and it's only available in 230ml size. The miniature size I got is not for sale and there's no more sample size to be given cause the entry has already been closed. By the way, you don't need to wet your face before applying the remover. You can get this at around RM24+.


But if you prefer oil-based instead of water-based for extra deep cleansing, you might wanna try the one in purple bottle. 


This is almost the same as the mild cleansing liquid but in oil-based and it can be use on dry or wet face. You're pick. Other than that, it has a special protective nozzle cap to secure the pump for easy travelling. But I believe that you will transfer it into a travelling bottle than bring the whole bottle lor, cause this is available in 150ml size only.

To be frank, both of the Biore remover is something like the milk cleanser.


For some reason that my miniature cleansing liquid is not with me and I can't seem to find it, I went to Guardian to look for alternative easy-travelling non-hectic remover. There were a lot of remover to choose from. You can see a lot of brands ranging from cheap and medium range products. Speaking of cheap, two days ago, there were this cocky person telling me that he got such a smooth face from just using cheap brand! So the LC! Actually I was asking him whether that brand was nice cause it is organic-based and my friend is an ambassador of that brand. He made me almost wanna chunk all my expensive skincare away! 

Suddenly I remember XiaXue and Qiu Qiu did a review on the latest Biore Makeup Remover Wipes with improved formula and it was fabulous. From what I see on YouTube lar. So I told myself to give it a try. 


I bought the refill packaging because the one which comes with the air-tight tupperware box cost RM7 extra! I think I'll just get the refill pack and store it in empty food tupperware (of course I'm gonna clean it before storing lar!) or just get one in Daiso. More choices mar. 

However, once I reached home, I started to regret! Cause I couldn't find any tupperware that fits my Biore wipes! Is either too small or too big like the Marigold three flavor ice cream box. WTF


Lucky for me, the cover was resealable... fuuuhhh... Means I have time to get the original box later.


In case you've never use Biore wipes before, this is the old packaging in box, refill and travel size which I believe some countries still import them. I happened to found in some participating outlet still selling this batch of wipes. (Picture took from XiaXue's blog). FYI- Old packaging comes in 48 wipes.



While this is the latest wipes with improved formula. (Picture took from QiuQiu's blog) FYI- New packaging has 44 wipes.



In case you're wondering why Malaysia's Biore wipes doesn't look like the one in QiuQiu's picture, this is because Kao stick an English-version description so that people could easily understand what the product is about.


You can get them in any pharmaceutical outlets and they are priced at
44 wipes with original box RM 32.90
44 wipes refill pack RM 25.90
10 wipes travel pack RM 6.90

If you asked me, I is won't get the travel pack lar, is either I take the entire pack out (which I know is very troublesome) and store it inside the car and bring it along with me when work or I'll just take few pieces out and store them in a Hello Kitty resealable zipper bag (and this I get to have reason to get them in Daiso!) 



Overall, if you would asked me which one I like the most in makeup remover, I will say Bifesta Express Cleansing Lotion and Biore Mild Cleansing Liquid as runner up. If you're using wipes, remover with and without cotton usage at the same time, don't you feel that removers besides wipes are way more better? (I'm not saying wipes not good nah!) Cause you can control the amount of the remover you want to apply and be more thorough. 

But if you want convenience (anywhere anytime), nothing can't beat the Biore Cleansing Oil Cotton Facial Sheets and Bifesta Express Cleansing Lotion as runner up because one doesn't require cotton and the sheets acted like normal wet tissues while the other requires cotton. At least you don't need to necessary rinse after using both of them cause they already contained moisturising essence. 


So what's your pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment